I have so much respect for Our Leader…
- Blair pushes very hard for the police to be able to hold suspects for 90 days without charge.
- Blair says 90 days are needed becuase "The Police are telling him that is how long they need.
- Blair feels the need to state that he isn't trying to turn the country into a Police State.
- Blair loses the vote.
- Clarke claims he was the driving force behind the bill, and Blair should be blamed for the loss.
- Blair claims his authority is not diminished by the 49 MPs in his party rebelling.
Spin, spin, spin, spin, spin.
I can't help but think of Franklin when this debate comes up:
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security.